Wednesday, June 27, 2012

So Here I Go

This week, I'm taking a slight detour in my usual chat about how to talk to different people so I can talk about my trip of a life time. It's finally here, I'm heading off to Ireland for the week.

If I were to describe how I was feeling right now it would probably look like this:
I guess I'm just a jumble of emotions! I feel nervous (this is my first time flying alone, I usually fly with the Spartan Marching Band!!!), I feel tired (I woke up crazy early for absolutely no reason, guess I was just so excited), I feel like I'm being smacked in the face (sitting in this airport right now is making me understand that I'm really going) and I feel EXCITED (I am going to Ireland after all).

But most of all, I think I'm excited, I've been waiting to go on this trip for about 3 months now, something I never would have thought would ever happen.

I'm becoming an adult.

Last night right after getting to the hotel I looked at my mom and said, "Does it make you feel old that I'll be able to drink at the bar with you next year?" She looked at me and said "You already make me feel old because you're going off to another country to visit your boyfriend."

I really am becoming an adult though:
  • I pay my own rent
  • I buy my own groceries
  • I do my own laundry
  • Cook my own food
  • Clean my own house
This is weird....
 So I'm growing up, but I'm really excited!

But keep checking in, the main part of this week will be me telling you about my Irish Adventure and posting pictures :)

No comments:

Post a Comment